Upon filing a trademark application, it goes through various stages examination stage according to the local laws and practice. In most countries, a legally trained examiner will review the trademark application based on established examination principle and local laws. The common reason for the application to be refused includes:
- The mark is made up of a word or a combination of words, which are non-invented
- The mark consist of a word/a combination of word(s) / symbol that makes direct reference to the character and quality of the goods or services concerned
- The mark is not capable of distinguishing goods and services dealt with or provided in the course of trade by one undertaking from another
- The use of the mark is likely to deceive or cause confusion to the public;
- The mark contains or comprises any scandalous or offensive matter
At Adastra, we can assist you with a timely respond to the Objections issued by the respective Trade Mark Office on your behalf at a flat fee.